Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School




So I seriously feel like my life is flashing right before my eyes. I can't believe how quickly the last 6 years have gone by. Olivia was all ready for her first day of school, I wasn't. Although last night she did tell me that she wished she didn't have to grow up and that she could just stay in Kindergarten, and that way she could be home with me but still get to go to school. On Tuesday I took her and Isabella out one last time just us girls. We went and got manicures and pedicures, went to Chilis for lunch (their pick), and then I gave each of them five dollars to buy a prize at the store. We had a great time together and it was fun being able to talk to them without a screaming baby at lunch. I am so proud of her and I know that she will do well and be a great friend in her class. It was hard for me not to cry (thank you hormones) but, I did wait until she was gone so she wouldn't see me upset. Isabella also woke up in tears missing her best friend already. We are going to miss her during the day but, we are so excited to hear at the end of each day her new adventures.

4 comments:

katie said...

I wish I had a girl to take out for pedies and manies, how fun! My little boy is turning 4 and starting pre-school and I'm emotional. I can't even imagine how I'm going to be when he is gone all day! Guess since he is my only its hard to think that I will be home all alone. Oh and congrats another boy very exciting!

Owens D.C. said...

Wow! We have lots to talk about we really need to catch up over the phone or I need to send ya a long email. Anyway, how ADORABLE does she looks, you make some BEAUTIFUL BABIES, even if she is six now :)

JANEAL said...

She looks so excited for her first day of school. How are you going to keep all the boys away? I know I'm going to cry when I drop Carter off at preschool in a couple of weeks....maybe I'll make Tyson take him instead.

Natalie said...

Your kids are so freaking cute! I din't even know you had a blog!