It all started with WOW I'm so tired, I'm really emotional and very nauseated.
Surely I'm not pregnant I told myself.....I'll just take this extra test I've had laying around since I was trying with Ezra and jump in the shower......then as I'm in the shower my heart is pounding and I'm telling myself there is no way (but truly knowing deep inside what the real truth is).
I get out and sure enough theres one line, then two. NO WAY! I tell myself. Ezra isn't even one yet and he isn't even walking.
I get in the car and go for a ride to clear my head and leave the madhouse behind and as I'm getting into the car my husband says "your that emotional about something that your really leaving?"
"Yes" I tell him.
After an honest prayer I realize that my plan is not always The Plan. You see the two months leading up to this I was constantly thinking I could be done with three.....my body is a few pounds away from being back, I'm feeling like I'm sort of in control of everything....yeah I really feel good with three and content. But, I guess this little one is telling me differently.
I come home and tell Jake we need to go get the kids ready for church so we won't be late. He comes into the bathroom and says "what's this?"
"What do you mean what's this?"
"Are you checking for ovulation?"
"NO"
"Well what does it mean?"
"What do you think it means? It has two lines."
"Really?" and he begins to laugh.....and I begin to cry.
"There's no way!" he says.
"Well obviously there is, because I am." I state quietly.
We have recently just started telling our family and friends. I am almost sixteen weeks. We wanted to wait a while due to past experiences with miscarriages, and due to the fact I was having problems with my placenta being torn and irritated. Things are starting to look better now and we are very excited. I know I will be very very very very busy. But, I also know that I am very blessed. As I have gone into the doctors appointments and had ultrasounds the crazy thing is is that none of my dates match with the ultrasound dates.....just another reason for me to feel blessed enough to know that this sweet little spirit needs to come into our home at this time. I know things happen for a reason and although I am feeling very overwhelmed and inadequate I am very lucky and blessed to know that whatever his plan is will happen regaurdless of what I think. I can't wait to meet this new little one and have him or her in our home......January seems so close but yet so far away.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
I'm excited for you! There are definately days when I'm thinking, "what are we getting ourselves into with 4?". But I know things happen they way they do and at the time they do for a reason. I hope you're feeling well and January will be here before you know it! You make such cute babies, what's one more??
What a neat post. I loved every word of it and your honest evaluation of your feelings and the situation.
You'll do so well, even though it is totally overwhelming so much of the time.
I'm so happy for you!
Wow Em, I can't believe it! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story. It's good to hear your positive attitude and complete faith. Ezra and his brother or sister will be the best of friends being so close in age. Can't wait to hear what you are having! So glad to hear that you and baby are healthy. I miss you. I was thinking about you today and thinking we need to get together somehow. At least we have our blogs to somewhat keep up with each other's crazy lives. Take care my friend.
Hey Em, I am happy for you! You don't give yourself enough credit. Your a wonderful mom! My sis has two that close together and she says that it was hard but her very favorite!!!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! We'll have to talk about this one, so exciting and what a blessed baby to have all those big siblings taking such good care of it. Do you revel the sex or is it a surprise? What is your date? Oh congrats and what a great story!
Congrats! Our number 3 was a blessed surprise too! Four kids is wonderful chaos. Your advice to eat cheese and fruit before bed saved my life when I had morning sickness.
I'm so excited for your family!! I can't wait to find out what you are having. Hopefully soon you'll be feeling better. You're a great mom!
Well I think your amazing. I just have the two but when I add two of their friends it's crazy! It will be hard in the beginning having them that close. Mine are only 14 months apart and I love it now. They are really close and good friends. I'm sure you'll do great!
Holy crap! CONGRATULATIONS!! You'll be great with 4!
So SOOO Happy for you Em! Congratulations! You and your hubby make BEAUTIFUL babies! It may seem overwhelming now, but I promise you it will be so worth it and you'll never regret it.
Love ya!
Ani
Post a Comment