Monday, March 8, 2010

6 weeks


Six weeks ago the stork came and delivered this little one


And since then this is what has happened.......that we can remember!



Olivia lost two more teeth!  She is now reading chapter books at school which is so fun for her!  She has been waking up on her own and getting herself in the shower before I get up to do her hair so I can get a few extra zzz's, she has been great at entertaining Ezra and Bella while I am busy trying to keep up!  The other day I got a phone call while I was picking Bella up from preschool and it was her teacher informing me of a mishap at school....her chocolate milk ended up all over her and she was worried that I wouldn't be able to bring her new clothes! She told her teacher that I don't go anywhere! LOL! I really don't.  She has adjusted quite well to the new baby, I have to remind myself that she needs just as much attention as the other children, I'm so use to her doing her own thing, which makes me sad at how quickly she is growing up.



Bella has also adjusted quite well.  As you can see this is her new favorite thing to do! She loves holding her baby brother, she is always playing dolls and mimicking everything I do with Abe.  She has been very helpful with Ezra during the day.....when they get along.  She has informed me that she doesn't want Abe to grow up because he will be mean like Ezra!  She has also informed me that we just have to have another baby when Abe gets bigger!  This morning Jake was telling Ezra that he couldn't go to work with him because Bella would be sad,  she quickly replied "NO I WON'T".  She continues to crack us up!  She saw Jake kiss me goodbye last week on his way to work and she wanted to know why dad was kissing me! When I told her it was because I was his girlfriend she looked at me like I was psycho! She has been dressing herself everday because she gets sick of waiting for me to help her.....her outfits are interesting to say the least!  She is great at singing to Abe and helping him calm down. Her daddy even took her and her sister swimming for being such great helpers!





Can you tell how he is adjusting?!? Oh BOY! Four is kicking my butt! I can't keep up with this little one!  He has now dumped 2 full boxes of cereal through the house, written on the walls, ripped the batteries out of the swing, drained all the batteries in the wii remotes, filled the toilets with wrappers, granola bars and balls quite a few times, and has figured out how to open the door to go and play in the garage! He has literally grown up over night, which also makes me very sad!  He has a whole new vocabulary! He can say me some, chocolate, thank you, more, again, and the best one of all is NO! He says NO to everything, and he screams like a girl! AHHH! What can we expect since he has two great examples of this!?! He climbs in the pantry and as you can see gets his own food while I am feeding the baby, he is quite sneaky!  He also runs very fast from his sisters and I!  He loves his little brother!  His dad is quite nervous because is constantly playing dolls with his sisters!  I think its cute! Jake is always telling him to go and get a truck!  I got in trouble last week when he got his toenails painted like his sisters!  But the sweetest thing of all is that he now has to say his own prayers when whe put him in his crib for his nap or nighttime, it is so sweet!  We went through 2 full weeks of him not sleeping! All he would do is scream!  Finally when I was able to hold him again and rock him to sleep he would stay in his crib and sleep all night!  Jake also figured out that he wanted the same bedtime ritual as the girls! Its so sweet!


As far as this one adjusting.......well lets just say he has been my hardest baby!  But we still love him to pieces and can't imagine our family without him.....it feels like he has always been here with us! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Em you've got your hands full! I cant' imagine how you are keeping your sanity. Ezra is a little character. He really has grown up. I can't get over what a mini Jake he is. And Abe is a doll. Can't wait to see you guys again. Miss you.

Jocelyn said...

Four was the magic number for me, too. 1, 2, and 3 really didn't phase me much, but oh BABY!!! Four really did me in.

You seem to be handling it with grace and a great sense of humor!!

Shaynna said...

My floor looks like that all the time and I dont have a baby to feed! I love that Isabel is more than willing to get rid of Ezra!!!You are a great mom...and friend..

Owens D.C. said...

Sweet to all of it! Great pics and I can't imagine four. I was set on the one after we were told we could only have one so my brain is scrambling to make mental adjustments to the idea of two. They'll be almost four years apart so I'm just thinking she'll be the best big helper ever. I'm impressed with your evening being able to post...hope you're getting the much needed rest and eating lots of good food to give you that extra energy. Keeping them coming and wish I lived closer to do more for ya!