Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2 weeks and 2 days...


It literally seems like yesterday that I was announcing my pregnancy.  My c-section is now scheduled for January 15th, 2 weeks from Friday. So close yet so far away. Even though there are times I feel like I have been pregnant forever, this pregnancy has gone by pretty quickly. I am having all kinds of mixed emotions about being pregnant and having this baby.....I told myself that I was going to enjoy this pregnancy more than the others for it may be the last.....I am sad in ways that I am not going to enjoy the joyful parts of pregnancy and relieved that the pain will be gone (even though its so worth getting a new baby!).  Newborns always bring such an amazing feeling to a home and I can't wait to meet this new little guy that was meant for our home! I am having feelings of joy and apprehension as well as feelings of inadequeacy.  Here are some of my concerns....  how do you find the time to give them all the attention they deserve and need?  How do you let them all know how much each one means to you in your own individual way, besides the obvious, time and attention and words of kindness? Anyone?

2 comments:

Alison said...

The beauty of having a new born when you have a toddler is that the new born sleeps...a lot. Your big kids are old enough to be a little bit of help to you...and more importantly, they WANT to help. Let them. And just don't worry about the things that don't matter. They will be there waiting for you when you get time. It is overwhelming. But you are amazing and you will do great!

Anonymous said...

Em you look great! Can't believe you are already due. Don't worry about giving them the attention they need. All they need is love. I grew up as one of seven and I had two parents who loved each other and loved their kids very much. That's all I needed to know as a child. Take family vacations and spend time together as a family doing the little things....you will do great, don't worry. PS...part of me is jealous you are having your fourth (shhh, don't tell Ryan).