Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Names

Okay so this is the last venting session of the week I promise!!!  I find it very interesting the way people respond to you when they ask you what names you are thinking of naming your baby. 
You get responses like
"oh"
"oh that's interesting"
"oh my hell"
"hmm"
"have you thought of  this instead"
"wow"
"well I have heard of worse"
(yes I have had all of these said to me not just during this pregnancy but previous ones as well)
And then you get looks on faces that tell you pretty much the same things as the responses above.

You know, wouldn't this world be boring if we all liked and named our kids the same names?  Some people like the old fashioned, the trendy, the made up names, the plain jane names, the usual and unusual, and  I think its great.  It wouldn't be very fun if all of our kids went to school with the same names.  And chances are if you don't like my names I don't like yours. But, thats what gives us identity and character and makes us who we are.  So if you don't like my kids names thats ok! Just give me the same respect about mine as I do about yours!

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I got those comments from my own parents when we named Brigham!

Oh well, right? It's not their kid.

Abbie Anderson said...

Serious I completely agree. This time around I'm tempted to tell people that we haven't thought of anything yet so I don't have to hear their responses.

Julie said...

Amen!