Tuesday, December 2, 2008

We are blessed..........


My good friend just returned from Africa early this morning. After talking to her I am so grateful to be where I am. I think a lot of times we can take for granted in our daily lives what our blessings really are. She told me about an orphanage she visited and how there were babies laying everywhere and she had to tip toe all around them to not step on them because there were so many, they were crying and were laying in their urine. It gave me chills. I can't imagine my little baby being one of those. My heart breaks for them and their mothers. I haven't been able to stop thinking about them. They all were either infected with HIV or hepatitis. We are so blessed to live here in America and to have the help we need. I will forever be grateful to have this little guy and my two daughters in my life and grateful for their health.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I was just telling my girls on the way down to the hospital today, that we are so blessed that Veiyah has the Dr's she has now. I didn't know why we were in Iowa for so long...now God is showing us that our family is here, the University with the nations best pediatric heart surgeons are just 30 minutes away. I don't know what we would have done in Idaho or Arizona. We definitely would have had to travel. God has our best at heart. I know He has those children in Africa in His heart as well, and it is just breaking for them. We definitely are blessed. xoxo ani

Tiffany Downs said...

Agreed. . .I blog stalked from Janeal I hope thats ok. We are so blessed and hopefully we will always remember that!!!